It’s that time of year again…Valentine’s day! A time of affection and happiness for some, and sadness and loneliness for others. Whatever it is, Valentine’s day will always bring out your passionate side. For myself, Valentines day only brings out my passion for one thing and that is the sweet, satiny, rich, velvety, luxurious, creamy, delightful taste of la chocolate.
Guilt-Free Mud Pie
This recipe is perfect for those who want to make a special treat for their hubby, as well as for those (such as myself) whose desire is to drown their deep single sorrows in calories so luscious and delectable without having it’s evidence show on the mid-drift or anywhere else on the body – Just kidding, about being a single and sad though. There is nothing wrong with not having a boyfriend!
Yield: 8-10 servings Difficulty: Moderate Time: 20 mins (prep) + 20 mins (set)
2 Cups Cashews Soaked for at least 3 hours
2/3 Cup Canned Coconut Milk
1/3 cup cocoa
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
2 Tbsp Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp + 1/2 Cup honey or agave
1 Batch of Vegan Oreo Cookies Crumbled (Recipe Here)
…or you could just use regular Oreos even though they aren’t good for you
1 greased spring pan
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together your 2 Tbsp coconut oil, 2/3 of the batch of Oreo cookies, and 1 Tbsp of agave until it forms a dough-like consistency
- Press mixture to bottom of a greased spring pan and bake for about 10 min
- Meanwhile, blend together cashews, coconut milk, remainder of coconut oil and agave, vanilla, almond extract, and lemon juice, until mixture has a smooth consistency
- Move mixture into a bowl and fold in remainder of crumbled Oreos.
- Make sure crust is cooled before pouring mixture over top.
- Let pie set in freezer for at least 20 min before serving. Drizzle melted chocolate on top before serving.